Sunday, June 28, 2009

Graduation!!!

I don't want to hear it. I know that my blogging skills have gone down the pooper. Actually I don't think they were ever good. But let me tell you, Erin knows everything about your lives if that makes you feel any better. However, it is my fault that you don' t know anything about our's. So I have committed to catching every single one of you back up to speed with our lives once more. The real question is how long it will take. :) GRADUATION!!! The long awaited day for Erin had arrived! Who would have thought at her elementary graduation that one day Erin would be here... graduating from a prestigious university in field of Nursing. (Side story: turns out it was in her late elementary school years that she was determined [and perhaps a little brainwashed!] to become a nursing student at BYU.) And here she is! And let me brag just a little bit. She finished up her BYU career with an incredible overall 3.7 G.P.A. Mine was only a 3.4. :( Now all she has left is to take the board exams and she is done with school and an official RN! (P.S. we have her results as of two weeks ago but that will come in a later post so stay tuned!)Graduation day was great as we had lots of support from both families. I would say the only down fall to the whole thing was that blasted cap! She could not figure it out! And even though she was so paranoid about it and constantly fixing it, it still fell off as she finished her walk across the stage. But she kept her composure and walked down the wrong isle anyway! :D Erin's life at BYU was a blast and a very crucial part of her life (that's where she met me!!!). She became a true Cougar fan (once again brainwashed, but this time by me) and actually enjoyed "the bubble life". It was a very sad day when we had to leave P-Town since we knew a chapter of our lives was coming to a close, but we are excited for the next phase of life. We will always have a special place in our hearts for Provo and all the happiness, memories, and life-long friendships it provided us!

9 comments:

Bonnie and Mark said...

Yay for Erin! And congrats on that outstanding GPA...and for passing the boards!!!...a dream fulfilled with lots of hard work. You're awesome!

Melissa said...

I'm proud to be friends with such a brilliant, successful, hilarious friend. Those pictures are perfect. I love your long hair, the picture of you in front of the fan makes me laugh, and it's weird to think that my chapter in provo was so much shorter than yours. Hows dental school jared?

Our Little Family said...

Congratulations Erin! From what I hear that is not an easy program...way to go! We hope you all are enjoying San Fran! We miss you guys and hope all is well! We look forward to seeing more posts!

The Leiters said...

Congrats! And whose that cute baby with jared? We have been bad at blogging also, maybe soon, maybe.

-Ang said...

Yea, it seems we're all playing catch up in the blogging world, so don't worry -you fit right in :D.

perdue family said...

I love the first line.
And i also love Erin curled up next to the heater.

Debbie said...

Welcome back to blogland. :) What a sweet hubby you are, Jared. Way to brag on your awesome wife. And Erin, Jim and I love the picture of you curled up by the heater on the floor. :) And we love YOU! Way to go! (And I promise the bag is coming... soon...-ish!) :)

Lauren and Josh said...

Congratulations Erin! You did it! I'm so proud of you...what an accomplishment :)

Steve and Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS ERIN!!! Yay for nurses! What are you thinking for areas to work? Keep me updated, and I'm sure you've heard this, but DO NOT STUDY the day before NCLEX. Go get a massage, mani/pedi, and facial like I did :) Best thing ever. Good luck!