Thursday, September 4, 2008

Church History Tour

This summer Erin and I had the great opportunity to go on a Church history tour with some of our immediate family and others in the extended family (thanks Mom and Dad!!!). The trip was awesome. We had a BYU professor who teaches church history for a personal guide that told the most amazing stories and was able to take us places we didn't even know existed. Some of our favorite places were the Sacred Grove (of course), the Joseph Smith Memorial, and the Hill Cumorah Pageant. We were also able see historical sites in Red Sox county (Go Pads!!!) and pass through Canada to see the magnificent Niagara Falls. The city of Boston More Boston We saw this and we just had to stop and get a picture. Can't wait for The Office to start up again! The Hill CumorahThe Sacred Grove Erin's beauty...from my point of view (Guiness World Records Museum at Niagara Falls) My good looks...from Erin's point of view The world's heaviest man. Erin told me this would happen if I didn't eat right. Guess I should should listen to her more often. Somehow she is always right! The world's tallest man Niagara Falls on the Maid of the Mist before... Niagara Falls on the Maid of the Mist after. We just got a little wet! The whole trip was great! However, you know the Packards, we like to get things done. Whether it be waking up at 6 in the morning to get to our next destination or playing death pong (don't ask), every waking moment was spent doing something. I think we speak for all in saying that we were beat by the end.Like I said...beat!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my goodness, Jarin has a blog! Well done, it looks so good! What a fun trip, I love the pic from Niagra Falls, Jared I think you should always wear your hair that way! We missed you guys all summer, welcome back! I'm excited to see the new car!

Melissa said...

You guys are hilarious. Those pics totally cracked me up. Erin I miss you so much, you are so funny!

Bonnie and Mark said...

I love that you post the BYU game scores!! That game against Washington...what a killer! We got to see it on the big movie screen at Movie Max after our temple assignment...crazy fun! Go Cougars!!!

The Leiters said...

hey guys, it was good to see your pics of your trip finally, oh and I finally updated our blog. How are your new neighbors? We miss you guys!

Melissa said...

So I was being a blogger stocker and I looked at you guy's friends blog (those neighbors we met with the super cute little girl). Anyway I looked at their blog and I'm pretty sure he is at the same medical school as one of my old neighbors. Pretty small world if you ask me. Their names are Jason and Taryn Gunderson and I think he is in his 2nd or 3rd year. Cool stuff