Thursday, September 11, 2008
Tribute to my Favoritest Person
So I seriously can't believe I'm doing this. I have refused to participate in things like facebook, myspace, AND blogger since the day they became known to me. I do read other people's blogs, but have never had the desire to create one of my own. Hence, Jared had to start our's, against my will. I do have to give blogger some credit though in that blogger is quite different from facebook and myspace. I have just heard the most outrageous stories about facebook in particular...like guys asking girls out through facebook messages. Maybe I stand alone in my opinions, but I can't believe girls go for that. I personally think that is asking for a wimpy future husband. If a guy can't even muster up enough guts to ask a girl on a date via phone call, I would not want to know what his future entails. I do realize that I can be a tougher cookie than the average (those of you who know Jared and my dating story know that a facebook message-kind-of-guy would have never flown with me) but still. Anyways, talk for another time.
Getting back on track.
So here I am creating a post for our blog. I will probably turn over a new leaf soon because I have made it past the first step of signing onto our account and the second step of creating a post--the first two steps one has to make to overcome issues with blogger. Yes, there is therapy for people with anti-blogger issues.
The real reason I am here is make a tribute to my smarty-pants of a husband. He is quite amazing. He is extremely dedicated to everything he does and is constantly blessed for it. I have learned many a lessons from him because of this.
So let's rewind to 9 o'clock this morning. I am laying in bed sleeping. Yes, I slept in. I have had two, 12 hour days of school and was pooped. Yes that would be 12 hours of just school. Not just 12 hour days. I'm not that big of a wimp, c'mon now. So my phone rings and I am confused, but answer the phone anyways. Jared is on the other line. He tells me that he really needs me to check his email. I ask why. He responds with a pretty vague answer, so I get suspicious. Anyways, I sign onto his email to find this subject line at the top of his list of emails:
Dental School Interview Invitation
Seriously?! That's AWESOME!!! What can I say? My husband is an incredibly hard worker and I am rather proud of him. :) Way to go babe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Congrats Jared! Hard work definitely pays off. I hope everything goes well with the interview.
Awesome!!! Then you guys can live close to us! Tell him congrats!
By the way your part about facebook cracks me up! I completely agree with you. Remember when we signed up for facebook freshman year and then closed our accounts. I think I was actually desperate enough to meet someone from facebook at the park. How dumb could I have been. Hopefully I've gotten a little smarter since then!
YEA ERIN! Welcome to the blogging community. I am completely anti- facebook and myspace, so I can understand that. Blogging just seems so much more like a diary to me so I guess I've never been concerned much about it. Anyway, CONGRATS to Jared on getting an interview for dental school! You guys are awesome.
Yeah! You guys would be right in our neck of the woods! Let us know if you need anything or a place to stay if you are doing interviews or whatever! How exciting!
Jared what the heck!! I don't say hell anymore. You were suppose to tell me about all interviews before Erin, what is with you? You've changed! More than Tristan. So I was talking to the dental students in my ward, and they said the dean loves utah kids so much that he flys out once a year to interview kids in utah. So you should contact marquette about that. Also, they said they have influence on who they pick and so I am going to give them your name if thats ok. Amy says congrats, I say be a man and turn them down and hold out for marquette. Just kidding congrats! Oh yeah, Amy really misses byu football so stop making her jealous. Doesn't mark have a sling box? Tell him he should give me the log in since I destroyed him last time we played golf. Congrats again on the interview, and if you get accepted remember tell me first then erin.
Yay Jared AND Erin. It was a big day for both of you... Jared and dental school and Erin and blogging! Jared I'm so happy for you. Way to go!
WAHOO!!!!! I'm so so so so happy for you!
Nice work Jared! And you too, Erin. Seriously, I know how much it takes from a supportive wife. We'll keep our fingers crossed...waiting kinda stinks, eh?!
Welcome the blogging world Erin, you'll love it. And Jared, congrats! How exciting is that? Good luck, I'm sure you'll be awesome!
So i posted those things about prop 8 on my blog, and I some nut job responded. he was ranting about how it was all untrue, I guess that's why it's a good idea to privatize your blog:) Although, on the bright side, maybe someone elses heart will be touched by the truth, you never know:)
New Post Please!! Interview details, and any other information you would normally share with us. Hint-hint
Post a Comment