Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st!

It all started off when I woke up and started getting ready for school. Erin, who was very excited about hearing from dental schools, woke up with me and decided she wanted to check AADSAS (where we apply for dental school) for any updates. The thing is, my sister-in-law, Annie, told us that they updated at 8 am ET. So we log on, fairly confident and excited to see the word "Accepted" next to UOP and Loma Linda and to our dismay, nothing had changed. :( Erin was fairly upset as she had woken up from a nice and much needed sleep. So at this point we start getting a little nervous. What if I wasn't accepted yet? Had we gotten ourselves all worked up to just be disappointed? So I go to my soccer class, get cleaned up, and check my phone for any missed calls as another student in my class received a phone call from Midwestern earlier this morning. Nothing! No phone calls! So I figured I had a little cushion because it was still really early California time and they have a lot of phone calls to make. So I go to work, check AADSAS every 30 minutes just in case they updated it like they were supposed to, and nothing. By this time Erin has gotten up and started with her to-do list, getting more and more nervous as she is checking every 5 minutes for updates. Nothing! For those who know Erin, she does not handle suspense very well. So... she called Annie looking for comfort and decides that she is going to call UOP and find out what is going on. Later, I come to find out that even though she agreed not to reveal my name, she did anyways and finds out that I have been accepted for the class of 2012 at UOP. So Erin knows before I know. And that's not the worst of it. She calls her mom before she calls me! I know that sounds bad but her reasoning was legit. She wanted me to hear it from the primary source first so that I knew I was accepted. So I wasn't too upset with her. :) About an hour later I received an e-mail from USC informing me of my acceptance there as well. Sweet! 2 for 4. Anyways... I know I just completely bored everyone to tears but I was pretty excited about today. We were hoping to hear from Loma Linda but that hasn't worked out quite yet. But they aren't out of the picture. We have till January 14th to send in our deposit to hold our place at UOP. If Loma Linda don't respond by then, they might be out of luck...but only time will tell. Okay... enough of my blabbering! Thanks everybody for all your support and encouragement!This is us celebrating the victorious day at Carrabba's (we save this place for special occasions such as this)! The food was so absolutely wonderful. Thanks Mark for taking care of us! :)

15 comments:

The Leiters said...

what! where is the phone call??? Congrats, we knew you were california bound. So? which one are you going to take if it comes down to those two??? Still mad you didn't call, but oh well. We have only been obsessively checking your blog every five minutes. Anyway that is way awesome.

perdue family said...

I agree (once again) with Pat. Friends call their friends... duh! But its ok. CONGRATS JARED! We are so excited for you!! We want to celebrate too. Dinner this weekend!

Annie said...

So glad you guys had a good news day! We never doubted it. Sorry, if I got you worked up over the aadsas update. In self defense, I'm still 100% confident that that is how it happened last year.

Melissa said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing Jared! We can't wait for you two to join us in California! Good job!!!!

Alyosha said...

congratulations! You should Join Matt and Annie in UOP/ Derrick's brother and wife were out at COlombia with us for a while and it was SO fun.

Our Little Family said...

Glad everything worked out Jared! Great work!!

Rondo Family said...

YAYA! How exciting. Congratulations on all your hard work. I'm so amped for you guys, but I'm still crossing my fingers for Loma Linda (strictly for selfish reasons:) Miss ya guys already!

Kristina said...

Okay, I don't mean to blog stalk :) I am friends with Annie and Matt- My husband Ryan, goes to UOP and carpools with matt to school...(I did meet Jared at church when he was here for his interview...)I just wanted to congratulate you on getting into UOP! that is really exciting! Ryan never found out on ASADAS- UOP I guess makes phone calls..So, I was at school and my phone rang and it was UOP telling me Ryan got accepted so I knew before him as well :) BUT... i called Ryan first THEN my mom! :) Ryan did apply to Loma Linda as well since my family lives about 45 minutes away, but he didn't get in- his letter didn't come until march/april or something- it was REALLY late.. (ASADAS wasnt updated either!) so hopefully your letter will come sooner rather then later. Best of luck with your decision! It would be fun to have you up here!!!! Lots to do and so pretty!

Debbie said...

CONGRATS YOU TWO!! That's awesome. I'm still holding out for Texas though. ...Wait, what?? You didn't even apply here?? Well, I'm STILL holding out for Texas! :) I sure wish I lived closer to you guys so it wouldn't be so long between visits! Miss you tons! And again... congrats!!

Dave and Loralee said...

WAHOO!!!! We're so so so happy for you guys!

Adam and Jess said...

Yeah for dental schools!!! That's very exciting. So if you have the option, are you going to go to Loma Linda or UOP? If you hadn't of said that was Mark I wouldn't have recognized him, it's been so long since I've seen him

Anonymous said...

WOW - can't wait to see where your lucky destination is ultimately. You are definitely a wanted man, Jared!!! Congrats...

Gavin and Shawna said...

Jared & Erin-- AWESOME! I guess either place you can't go wrong...lots of family everywhere!!

-Ang said...

Congrats again guys!!! Be sure to let us know when you want to come up to Salt Lake for dinner and Temple Square lights.

Michael said...

Found you!