Sunday, February 8, 2009

"California... California... Here we come!"

For those who don't already know... Erin and I are California bound (UOP Baby!). And for those who are just baffled that we would want to leave the wonderful state of Utah... this is why!!! For some reason, coming back to Utah just wasn't that exciting after spending a nice long Christmas break in California basking in the sun on the beautiful beaches in Carlsbad, or taking Erin's dogs for a walk on a beautiful day (which somehow turns out to be just about every day) and looking out onto a nice golf course in Valencia. And to come home to this?! Don't get me wrong, I like the snow. I even don't mind driving in it. But come on...this?! I don't know... does this seem wrong to anyone else?! Okay... Utah has been great to Erin and me these last few years and we are eternally grateful. But we are most definitely stoked to be back in California. Here we come San Fran!!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

YEAH! I'm with you, California is the greatest place to live in the world. It has been a little chilly and raining and I have actually caught myself saying, it is soo cold here...then I remember Idaho and I am happy that it isn't snow.

Debbie said...

Hey my brotha! Congrats on making your decision. How is it that I didn't know this already? (Although I pretty much assumed that would be your choice). :) Well anyway, good luck! Hope your arm is doing fine! :) LOVE YA!!!!

Rondo Family said...

Yay for California!!! I'm so glad that you guys are coming back:) When do you guys make the treck? I am definitely going to have to make a trip out there once you guys move. So much fun:) PS That picture is awesome. I have never in my life been in that much snow!

Rondo Family said...

High School Tag

1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL?

2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE?

3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY?

4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL?

5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT?

6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR?

7. WERE YOU A NERD?

8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS?

9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED?

10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG?

11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS?

12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH?

13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME?

14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS?

15. WHO WAS HOMECOMING ROYALTY?

16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU?

17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION?

18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY?

19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS?

20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN?.

21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE?

22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION?

23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL?

24. WERE YOU AN HONOR STUDENT?

25. DID YOU TAKE SEMINARY?

26. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR MOST FUN TIME?

27. WERE YOU CONSIDERED SHY OR OUTGOING?

28. ANY LAST MEMORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?

Dave and Loralee said...

It's about time you told us where you're going! :) If things go according to plan we might end up closer to you guys (by closer I mean within 3 hours-ha). that would be fun to have a couple cousins nearby!
congrats-we're so happy for you!

Bonnie and Mark said...

I totally concur! I love Carlsbad winters! I remember coming home from BYU for Christmas (way back when) and noticing what I had just taken for granted growing up...GREEN! It'll be great having you back...well,at least in California. How's that wrist healing?

Adam and Jess said...

That snow is unreal. The only reason I would love it, is to snowboard in it. I have loved the cold weather in PA compared to AZ but yet I'd still pick AZ or someplace like CA longterm. Good choice for school, it'll be fun to go with a sibling.