Sorry it has taken so long to post the winner of the contest. I'm kind of slow, in case you hadn't noticed. There were two things that were "off" about the picture. The first being the ID band that the emergency room triage nurse so graciously gave to me...and the second being that little white strap going across my shoulder. *ding ding ding* That's right!! I broke my wrist snowboarding at Brighton with Mark. The whole day was a little cold and on top of that, it was snowing. But the problem was that it was a very wet snow so it was kinda hard to see. So... I was going off a fairly large jump, couldn't really see, and as I was going off I attempted to straighten myself out which lead to the board slipping out from beneath me. Now, because of the size of the jump and the speed I was going at, the landing didn't work very well not having the board beneath me. So I tried to break the fall with my hands. Not a good idea. I knew I jacked it up pretty good but I didn't think I broke it. I got up right away, rode the rest of the way down, and ended my day. But because of Mark's persistence (partially because these kinds of things freak him out) I went to the hospital to get it checked out. And turns out it's broken. Luckily however, it was a clean break and everything was still in place. So I just got a hard cast put on Friday and it should come off in about 4 more weeks. So until then, I'm a gimp. :( But thanks everybody for your concern.
And just a side note, I found it very offensive that some of you thought my facial hair was the thing that was "off". Come on... it doesn't look that bad, does it?!!
3 comments:
Aw. Poor little gimp. Hopefully it's at least feeling a little better by now. You'll be back to normal in no time:) xoxo
Your facial hair isn't bad at all. Zac and I were totally joking. I went back and read my comment and it sounded a little mean, but me and Zac thought we were being so funny...you knew we were joking, right?
Good job Mark for insisting you get it checked out. You insane boys!
Post a Comment