Monday, August 8, 2011

07.07.11 - 07.09.11

Lake Nacimiento

This summer we were lucky enough to have Grandpa Pickard take us out on his boat for a few days. Boating is definitely one of our very favorite things to do. It must be in our genes or something because Tanner is following suit which, I can't deny, we are thrilled about. T did SO fabulously. We spent three days out on the lake which pretty much equated to three nap-less days and, even then, he couldn't have been happier. The trip was awesome--we thoroughly enjoyed our time with Grandpa, Grandma, and Auntie Chispa. The only thing that could have made the trip better would have been to have all of our family members present. Daniel and Nat were missed!

Jared is darn close to consistently clearing the wake. If only we would remember to fill those fat sacks (sp?) before he goes for a run then maybe he'd have a chance at being consistent! Oops! Next time! 


 





And just for fun, I thought this blooper series turned out kind of fun. Sorry, Jared. :)






 Doin my thing. Love slalom. No need to waste time or energy on a board.


Acting like a total dork trying to get Tanner to wave at me.


 Attempting to impress Jared by getting serious air! ;) ha!


And then he shows me up on skis. I've told him time and again how hard it is to get up on a single ski (vs. wakeboard) so what does he do? Get up the first time. Irritating. Not really sure why I was surprised! :) 


 Tanner handled all his gear fabulously. I don't think he complained once about the life jacket or hat. Seriously, I love that kid.


Cuddling with Grandma and watching Daddy ski. He literally held that wheat thin for about four hours straight.


Showing Grandpa how it's done.


 Almost half of our time on the lake was spent relaxing and swimming around the boat. The water temperature was perfectly refreshing. (And that's saying something, coming from me!)


Thoroughly enjoying himself. :) He really was as relaxed as the picture portrays him. My favorite pic of the trip!


Like father, like son.


Feeling confident about Tanner's safety when she's got the wheel. :)


Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa for such a great trip! Can't wait til next year!

8 comments:

Kim Sigety said...

Ok - I would like, in writing, everything you and Jared have done to make such a cute little well behaved boy!! ;) It looks and sounds like he was a champ on the lake...way to go Tan Man! hehe

(love the picture of him relaxing in the water too. So cute!)

You guys are so fun!

Melissa said...

I love your family. All of them. You guys are awesome.

Unknown said...

Cute posts!!! Oh how we miss T bomb...

telisha said...

So fun to see some pics of your cute little boy! He sounds like my kind of kid too! :)

Adam & Samantha said...

i LOVE lake nacimiento! i am begging my parents to go this year, boating is the best! i can't wait to take our little babe next summer. I can't believe how old Tanner is getting!

Bonnie and Mark said...

Those are some great pics, Erin! And look at you, Jared...you may yet give Lance some serious competition:-) Fun times!

Debbie said...

How did I not know you were blogging again?!?! So glad to have you back in the blogging world! :) Haha!
Okay, and so I loved the picture of you trying to impress Jared with your 'serious' air. I totally laughed. :) Looks like such a fun time! And seriously, that picture of Tanner relaxing in the water... absolutely too cute.

Ashley Packard said...

That is pretty awesome! Jared got some serious air. Erin, way to rock it on the slalom. We haven't been wakeboarding in over a year & we miss it! Tanner is getting so big and is adorable. He seems like a pretty chill kid. I am so glad that you started posting again!